How to participate in QCDR reporting for 2015
The National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR) is an approved Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR). A QCDR is a reporting mechanism, used to submit Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) measures by individual 'eligible professionals' (EPs).
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has contracted with the Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI) to offer this service to anesthesiologists.
National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR):This is the database that collects anesthetic case data for purposes of quality improvement and benchmarking.
Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR): A Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) designation given to registries for purposes of reporting PQRS measures. NACOR was given this designation.
Note: You may participate in NACOR without participating in QCDR. You cannot participate in QCDR without participating in NACOR.
Eligible Professionals (EPs): Healthcare professionals who provide services which are paid or based upon the Medicare Physician fee schedule. These include Doctors of Medicine, Doctors of Osteopathy, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) and Anesthesiologist Assistants (AA).
2015 Reporting Requirements for QCDR: Report at least nine (9) measures covering at least three (3) National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains, AND report each measure for at least 50 percent of the EP's patients (Medicare and non-Medicare). Of these measures, 2 out of 9 must be outcomes measures.
The following requirements must be met in order to report through the ASA QCDR:
- Sign all ASA QCDR and NACOR agreements.
- Submit monthly case data from your billing software to AQI.
- Determine the 9 measures that you are going to report (Check the denominator codes of each measure to determine if you are eligible to report the measure)
- Contact ASA to register for the QCDR reporting service. Note: To participate in the ASA QCDR, you must either be a member of ASA or pay the QCDR reporting fee. You must also participate in and submit data to NACOR.
- Review your PQRS reports monthly by logging into AQI's member's only page.
- Attend regularly scheduled AQI conference calls to monitor your compliance.
- Sign off on quarterly PQRS reports provided by AQI.
- Approve the final transmission of your PQRS data to CMS.
View for more information on the ASA QCDR.